Notes from the Manager
And so ends the three-week three-strips-a-week stint. I hope you enjoyed the extra updates — and thank you to everyone who has bought stuff and/or shared the comic with their friends lately! You rock.
The first panel from #564 is still the vote incentive at TopWebComics, in case you'd like to see it double-sized.
This strip marks the first strip in Chapter 25 — or the fifth chapter in Book 5 (there are always five chapters per book), meaning a lot of the themes from Book 5 are going to start wrapping up in the near future. I hope you've been enjoying the last year!
Book 6 should be a lot of fun. It should start around #601, if everything goes according to plan… Obviously, some of the overriding themes of the strip will continue (such as Jason's growing interest in old movie theaters, and the gang figuring out what they want to do with the rest of their lives), but there will be a major storyline throughout Book 6 that I think you'll all enjoy. Of course, that's not for a few more months, so I don't want to get you all excited yet…
SHIRTS ON SALE! I have a clearance sale on all of the T-shirts in my store, because… I'm trying to clear out of my stock. (That's what clearance sales are usually for, right?) I'm
down the my last three sold out of Copyright shirts, and Popcorn and Breakfast Club are dirt cheap.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!