Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #554: The Disillusionist
Sorry, bit of a tease with this strip, but the first panel took me a little while to do.
The theater is the Music Box Theatre, of course. It is actually showing The Illusionist and Nora's Will at the moment. It opened in 1929 and seats about 800 people, making it a little over half the size of the Patio Theatre. The Music Box's two screens show a mix of art house, foreign, and classic movies. Its original screen was spared the fate of the Davis's and remains intact, but they have managed to add a tiny, second screen by expanding into the storefront adjacent to the theater.
Here is a Flickr set with my reference photos of the Music Box. You can also vote at TopWebComics to see an enlarged view of panel 1.
Jason is watching The Illusionist, of course.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason