Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #554: The Disillusionist
Sorry, bit of a tease with this strip, but the first panel took me a little while to do.
The theater is the Music Box Theatre, of course. It is actually showing The Illusionist and Nora's Will at the moment. It opened in 1929 and seats about 800 people, making it a little over half the size of the Patio Theatre. The Music Box's two screens show a mix of art house, foreign, and classic movies. Its original screen was spared the fate of the Davis's and remains intact, but they have managed to add a tiny, second screen by expanding into the storefront adjacent to the theater.
Here is a Flickr set with my reference photos of the Music Box. You can also vote at TopWebComics to see an enlarged view of panel 1.
Jason is watching The Illusionist, of course.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex