Notes from the Manager
(Yes, this strip is named after the Men at Work song.)
The Haunting (1963, directed by Robert Wise) is the first of many film adaptations of Shirley Jackson's novella "The Haunting of Hill House." The film — despite its G rating, early-sixties timeframe and nearly nonexistent special effects — is indeed super creepy. In fact, Martin Scorsese placed it in his "11 Scariest Horror Movies of All Time" list for The Daily Beast. (It was at the top of the list, but I'm not 100% sure it was an ordered list.)
I watched it on Amazon Streaming, incidentally, and highly recommend it.
There are a couple of hints as to what movie #2 in tonight's double feature might be in this strip, but I ain't telling until Monday.
By the way! If you live in the Detroit area (or close enough), I will be at Penguicon this weekend (Friday 4/29–Sunday 5/1), in the Dealer Room somewhere or another. (I'll also be on a couple of panels: "Marketing Your Comic" at noon on Saturday in Ballroom B and "Balancing Comedy and Drama in a Webcomic" at 5pm on Saturday in Ballroom G.) I will, naturally, have copies of the book with me, and I'll be doing sketches and such-like, as well.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)