Notes from the Manager
One other related strip is the bonus comic from the upcoming Chapter 6 eBook that I just posted over in the Deleted Scenes blog: Multiplex #108 1/2: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. If you don't follow me on Twitter or subscribe to one of the feeds that includes the Deleted Scenes content, go check that out.
This is the first of a series where Kurt is introducing Jason to the world of horror movies.
To be honest, I'm pretty unfamiliar with a lot of horror movies, so I've been doing a ton of research (watching horror classics) to prepare for this arc for a while now, and I've barely scratched the surface of the genre. I've seen a few, of course, but I'd never seen The Fly or The Thing until this past week. (I absolutely loved The Thing. The Fly had some great moments, as well.)
The movies they'll be watching are absolutely not a "Best of" list, since I'm one of the least qualified film buffs for writing one of those — but they will all be movies I (and Kurt) think are at least good — just an introduction to the genre, for both Jason… and kind of myself, too.
This arc won't necessarily all be consecutive, but it will continue into next week. In a roundabout way, this is the culmination of Jason's obsession with How to Train Your Dragon; it's him trying to branch out and try movies he is skeptical of (to say the least), like he was with that Dreamworks cartoon.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)