Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #469: Enquiring Minds Want to Know
Alinea is a real restaurant in Chicago. While I've never eaten there, the whole concept of art food just doesn't sit that well with me. I'm a traditionalist in some respects, at least with food. :) But it's more that I just have no interest in it than that I (like Whitey… er, Dub) think it's actually "novelty bullshit." The Hot Potato, Cold Potato is one of their signature dishes. EDIT: Oh, right, and you can literally eat the menu. EDIT 2: Or possibly not. At Moto, another "molecular gastronomy" sort of restaurant, you can.
Sorry about the late strip (I don't let it happen too often, as long-time readers know). We'll get back to Jason and Becky next week, I promise! I know a few of you were chomping at the bit about that. heh
In other news, the pre-order drive is going steadily — but a little slower than I had hoped. Please! If you love Multiplex and would like to pick up a copy of the book sooner or later, pre-order the book. The Kickstarter funds have long since run dry and ill-timed (as always) car problems are threatening my plans to go to Fallcon or the Indianapolis convention I have on my Events calendar. :( I need your help! If you aren't interested in the book, consider buying something else from the Multiplex Store — a print or a shirt, or even a vector portrait — or simply making a donation using the button in the sidebar.
And if you're completely broke (like me) and a Goodreads member, be sure to check out this item over at the Deleted Scenes blog. (I'll be plugging stuff over there in the Notes until I get the impression that most Multiplex readers actually know it exists.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)