Notes from the Manager
Sorry, I was late! I was busy getting the Chapter 5 HD Edition eBook ready for the store yesterday and ran out of time. Of course, that means the Chapter 5 HD Edition eBook is ready and available at the store! The free Online Edition will be up in the next few days.
Chapter 5 contains strips 81–102 (from August 2006 through November 2006), as well as six bonus comics strips not found in the Multiplex archives!
(Kickstarter backers, check your e-mailz or pop over the Kickstarter Project Updates page for your coupon code.)
This also means that the Multiplex: Book 1 collection is that much closer to going to press. I've still got the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith-centered storyline (about 8–10 pages), which will probably take me a good three weeks, and there's also the cover illustration and a few other illustrations left, so I'm looking at a good 4–6 weeks or so until I can send files to the printer.
The good thing is, despite the delays in finishing the book (I'm already over a month past my original target date, unfortunately — but again, it's not that I'm slacking; it's that my estimate for how long it'd take me to do all the new material was entirely too optimistic), I'm looking at a couple of printers in the US and Canada rather than China, which will make up for that lost time — so the book should still be on track for the same August availability I've been saying since… well, since the Kickstarter project started.
As always, I'll keep you posted!
OH! And I almost forgot: if you're in the Chicago area, I will be at the "Webcomics + Wine Event" at Third Coast Comics TOMORROW — Friday, May 7th — signing… um… whatever you've got for me to scribble on. I'll also do sketches and have a few small prints and mini-posters or whatever, since it's not like I have a book yet. (I sold out of the print editions of Chapter 1 at C2E2, sorry.)
Me, Lauren Burke and Greg Sorkin of P.I. Jane, and Tony Maldonado of both P.I. Jane and Chicago: 1968 will all be in attendance, talkin' comics, shooting shit, drinking wine, and apparently eating cupcakes, as well? This last part was news to me, but hey, who doesn't like cupcakes?
(P.I. Jane and Chicago: 1968 are both great, great comics, by the way. Check them out.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)