Notes from the Manager
Hello, dear readers! I thought I'd point out a couple things:
1) If you've never noticed the previous Comic Tagger I had (the popular webcomics widget thingy by Ash Young), I've replaced it with a fancy text-based version, which you can see below the strip. It's the "Tag This Comic," etc., etc. thing. Thanks to Andrew Fulton (Hi, Andrew!), who made a fancy new version of it for coding it!
For those of you who don't visit the site every Monday and Thursday like clockwork, what this little thing does is — if you hit "Tag This Comic," it will save what strip you tagged, so that you can come back to it sometime in the future and pick up reading where you left off, not missing a single strip.
If you already used the Comic Tagger; it should function the same as before — with one tiny difference: you can now click "Tag This Comic" on the homepage and it will tag the current comic, not the homepage. If you prefer reading your comics in larger chunks (like me), this is a small but significant improvement. (You can also tag the online Chapter eBook pages, although there are only four of those so far.)
2) Sorry, RSS feed subscribers, but now that Multiplex is my day job, I gotta make some money from the 3,000+ subscribers (the majority of whom do not seem to click through to the site). [EDIT: I was sleepy and forgot to finish writing this section. Oops. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, too.] SO in the near future I'll be adding an ad to the feed. I don't like ads in feeds anymore than the next guy, but it takes me a long time to make these free comics, y'know? I gotta pay rent somehow.
If it's of any consolation, I got rid of the two smaller Project Wonderful sidebar ads at the site? :)
Okay. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at the last new content for Chapter 5, and it should be available next week. (A strip or two should go up for Kickstarter backers in the near future.)
I'll be visiting the real life Melissa Recar today at the theater she manages (the Randall 15 IMAX in Batavia, Illinois). I'll tell her you said "hi."
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie