Notes from the Manager
Another sort-of-related strip would be #207½ (“Just Press Play”) from the Chapter 10 eBook (and Book Two). Becky and Franklin never spent a lot of screen time together, but since they’re both projectionists and debatably the two most book-smart characters in the comic (Becky being a science nerd and Franklin being a programmer), I’ve always felt they would have had a solid rapport.
This strip takes its title from the Yasujiro Ozu film of the same name, one of my favorite directors, whose work is very often imbued with melancholy. (It’s not one of my favorites, but the title fit. The film’s plot has nothing to do with anything, though)
Just saying this now: Monday’s comic will be up in the afternoon/early evening, most likely, as I’m going to be away from a proper computer most of the weekend.
We’ll have at least one more strip on Becky’s last day next week. I’ll see you then!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex