Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #800: See It with a Bud
This will get explained indirectly or otherwise in the next strip or so, but since it’s not supposed to be a point of suspense, I’ll save you the math: 24 tickets means they made $192.
For context, looking at this past Tuesday on Box Office Mojo, the film it would have replaced would have made roughly $100–130 (12–16 tickets) the whole day — so maybe four people in the one screening they replaced.
20 extra people doesn’t sound too bad until you factor in the rental cost of the movie, which would have been around $300.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason