Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #796: Strange Bedfellows
Some of your comments on Monday’s strip were extra amusing to me in light of this strip.
Anyway. It occurred to me as I was scripting this strip that it really gets at one of the central themes in this phase of Multiplex: the movie industry and movie theater industry’s rapidly changing states at this time. It seems like the industry has changed more in the last seven years than in the thirty before it, because of home video, because of digital downloads and streaming, and any number of other factors.
Hopefully I’m not just indulging myself by focusing on these topics for the next… while… but it seems natural to me that the characters would have to deal with them.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie