Notes from the Manager
Payoff for a seemingly innocuous detail 110 strips ago. I am totally doing webcomics wrong.
This one's gonna fly past a lot of you, but it's clear that it's something to do with the projector, right? (The ZScreen is "a push-pull electro-optical liquid crystal modulator that is placed immediately in front of the projector lens… to alternately polarize the light from each video frame. It circularly polarizes the frames clockwise for the right eye and counterclockwise for the left eye." [Wikipedia])
I guess if you don't count all the bonus comics and such, Multiplex is 750 strips old today. Thank you for reading. Sorry the schedule's been wonky recently. I hope to get back on track once the hand-drawn movie stuff is over, and there will be a short break between Books 6 and 7 for me to try to get a buffer together for like the second time ever.
If any of you webcartoonists (or cartoonists or animators or whatever) out there would like to do a Multiplex guest strip, drop me an e-mail, and I'll give you the details/requirements.)
Movie theater workers: What did you think the "Z" stood for?
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)