Notes from the Manager
Ruh roh, Kurt! Looks like the Avengers aren't the only one with a Hulk! (Those are Jamal and Hatterman, if you didn't recognize their hand-drawn incarnations.)
Final notice! The Book 2 Project is closing up shop at midnight tonight! (Or sometime tomorrow.) So no more dawdling — support Book 2 if you want to, or forever hold your peace! You will, of course, be able to pre-order it about a month before the book is released, but this is your last chance to get any of the higher-end rewards, or your name on the Thank You page for Kickstarter and Book 2 Project supporters. Check out the various ways you can contribute in the Multiplex Store.
(If you're curious, we've raised a total of $19,926.42 from the combined funding projects — or $14,612.66 after Kickstarter, Amazon, and PayPal fees have been deducted, and money for taxes has been set aside. In other words, that smaller number is the actual book budget.)
Speaking of The Avengers, which comes out today in the US: Who's gonna see it? Who's taking an ethical stand against seeing this movie because of whatever? Who's already seen it because you live in some other fuckin' country? And who is gonna wait for a while for the crazy crowds to die down before they see it?
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!