Notes from the Manager
I'm writing this before I leave for ECCC, which will be over by the time you read this. But I have to write something for the blog post or the Kickstarter widget at right will break the layout, so I'm just going to make some reasonable guesses as to what all happened over the weekend…
WHEW! Emerald City Comicon was great, but I'm so tired.
Aw man, sharing a table with with Angela Melick of Wasted Talent and my ex-Triple Feature co-host Tom Brazelton of Theater Hopper was a blast. It was great, as always, to see David Willis, Spike, and Kel — a.k.a. the rest of Blank Label Comics — and my good friend Joel Watson of HiJINKS Ensue, as well. Joel did some amazing karaoke on Saturday night.
As for the show itself, it was really crazy fighting off all those fangirls. (I am spoken for, ladies!) And I was really surprised when both Summer Glau and George Takei bought copies of Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show! Who knew they were fans, right? Unbelievable!
I continue to be stunned by the amazing outpouring of generosity of all the Kickstarter backers. We've now passed $10,000 in the Kickstarter project! Thank you so much to everybody who has pledged so far — but we still have a long way to go yet, so please, if you haven't pledged yet and want to help, check out the Kickstarter project page.
See you Thursday!
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!