Notes from the Manager
And… back to the movie.
If anybody from Shortpacked! has decided to stick around with Multiplex after last week's crossover, as you might have guessed from this strip, we're in the middle of a story arc. So I'd recommend hopping back to the beginning of Chapter 26 to get caught up, if not the very beginning.
Special thanks to Phat Do and Chris Wood, two Multiplex: The Movie Sponsors who appear in panel 2. (Phat was also a Kickstarter backer and had an cameo in the Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show Prequel, so I was able to sneak his head into panel 1, as well.) Don't worry, guys. You'll be back. And thank you for your support!
There are a few more Sponsor spots left, although — as current sponsors know — I was a little off in my guess about when the bulk of these cameos would pop up. Soon. I want the cameos to be worthy of their generosity (and patience), and most of the earlier zombies needed to be existing Multiplex characters or were kind of crappy. There will be lots more zombies. But telling the story properly takes precedence.
One point of continuity for Multiplex readers: the crossover was actually set after the next few strips. (I'll be rearranging them in any collections I do at a later date.) The only thing that has to do with anything is that Phantom Menace 3D came out in February, so obviously they took place then. And the next few strips finishing off Chapter 27 are set in January, when they gang is just getting back to filming their movie after the holidays.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)