Notes from the Manager
I've been tied up with studying for the GRE (and taking it) and bill-paying freelance work so unfortunately I didn't finish today's comic. Sorry!
I hate posting unfinished strips, but I hate blowing deadlines more — and since I knew at least a few of you would be interested in seeing these, rather than just wait until it was finished (which could be late tomorrow night or even Friday), I thought I might post the pencils for it instead for now.
This stuff was really intended solely for me to ink over — hence the X's where blacks should be, the inconsistent darkness of the lines, and the lack of blood all over Angie 2's face (I do most of the blood at the toning stage, so I don't draw it out).
Hey, at least now those of you who follow me on Twitter and have to put up with me whining about how much worse my inking is than my pencils know what I'm talking about.
I'll try to get back on track next week…
On the bright side, my studying paid off: my (tentative) scores put me in approximately the 98th percentile and 65th percentile for the Verbal and Math sections, respectively. That means I'm hella smart at words and sorta decent at numbers. (I won't have my Analytical Writing results for a while.)
UPDATE (12/16): I've finally updated the image with an inked and toned version. Thanks so much to Axur Eneas for the toning assist. He did a much better job than I ever do, so I had to make it a little worse to match my stuff. (If you didn't see it, Axur did a fantastic guest strip for Multiplex some time ago.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)