Notes from the Manager
And there we go. Max and Whitey might have some farewells in the very near future, but yep, they'll be leaving the Multiplex 10 Cinemas soon.
Unlike Max, though, Whitey still lives in the Chicago area, of course, and since he has some friends at the Multiplex 10, you can expect to see him again from time to time. (Probably a little less frequently than Devi, who has been absent for a while, now that I think about it, but… from time to time.)
By the way, I created a new landing page about Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show. I'll be using it for ads and such, but it's also a good page to send people to if they're curious about the book, sort of like a digital sell sheet. You can use the "Tell a Friend!" buttons towards the bottom of the page to send it to anyone you think might be interested in buying — or selling! — the book.
You can also print out the actual sell sheet and hand it off to your local bookstore or comics shop, if you think they might be interested in the book. Since it unfortunately looks like Diamond is not interested in carrying the book at this point, this is the only way to ensure that your local retailers hear about the book and know that you — and potentially other customers of theirs — are interested in it. And without appearing in Previews, it's going to be a lot harder for the book to sell well — which also means it's going to be a lot harder to get Book 2 made.
Support Gordon McAlpin on Patreon!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… although, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!