Notes from the Manager
I have to give a bit of credit to a guy I don’t know for Kurt’s description of John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack as “Titanic and Braveheart having a baby.” A friend of reader Kyle Theaker’s apparently described the track “Romantic Flight” from that soundtrack as being as if “Titanic and Lord of the Rings had a baby in heaven,” which somehow made sense to me.
The Scottish accents in the Dragon score called Howard Shore’s Braveheart soundtrack to my mind a little more, though. Unsurprisingly, I own the Braveheart soundtrack, and listened to it constantly in college. I’m a fairly big movie-music buff, though, so I own a lot of soundtracks, even for movies I’ve never seen. John Powell’s score for P.S. I Love You is gorgeous, for instance, but the movie looks like an abomination.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason