Notes from the Manager
You'll notice two new buttons in the sidebar:
1) A mini-button for Is It Funny Today?, a new comics ranking website. Multiplex is listed with them as a story strip, so that question is really "Is It Good Today?" but whatever. Please vote there whenever you feel like it, and of course poke around their site, while you're at it; you're likely to find some great comics.
2) The return of the PayPal donation button, just in time for Christmas. ;) Multiplex pulls in a tidy sum from ad revenue, but if you're one of those types who has ad blocking software (kidding), or you just want to help me get closer to putting out the long overdue Multiplex eBook #2 (to say nothing of a print collection), it would be greatly appreciated. (Alternatively to simply making a donation, you can buy the first eBook in the Extras section and get a little something for your money.)
In other news, Trish and I are actively seeking a third co-blogger for Movie Make-out. If you want to get paid a pittance to write about movie news — not reviews, mind you — drop me a line and I'll send you the details. (If you've already sent in samples, don't worry; we're not going to settle on anybody until after the first of the year at the soonest. You're not out of the running yet.)
Stay warm out there, y'all. See you Thursday.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!