Notes from the Manager
While researching this strip, I stumbled across this artcle from the Chicago Sun-Times, from November 8, 2003: "Fires allegedly set in theaters: Feds say projectionist union members tried to intimidate owners." Man, truth is stranger than fiction. (UPDATE: Apparently the full 9-page release about their arrest and their 32-page indictment are available from the Department of Justice website. Scroll down to the November 7, 2003, entry — my birthday!)
But there you have it. Alas, Franklin is still fired from the Multiplex 10, but at least he's not out $600 in this economy, right? (Not that he seemed too worried about it in #306.…) Anyway, he'll land on his feet, though. Promise.
Sharp-eyed readers might notice that the calendar is on November in the background of panels 1–3, and that the poster is for Twilight. If you've never picked up on the pattern, the poster in the manager's station is always the big new release that week. This is because the whole football arc took place in (you guessed it) November, and this little epilogue to that takes place around Black Friday.
I'll be adding the "interlude strip" (which I posted in the Multiplex Forum around Thanksgiving) into the archives in the next few days, since this is where it fits chronologically. Aaand so for Monday, I can catch up with real time and, finally, step boldly into December.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason