Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #874: The Spirit of the Season
Probably one more strip in this chapter, unless I change my mind about something! Which happens.
As for this strip, I wanted to have Norma slip in a comment about how the customer really only wanted free passes anyway, but there wasn’t any room. Speaking from experience, if you complain about something, it’s pretty easy to get free passes.
With me, when I complain about something, it’s almost always a presentation thing, and I really just want them to fix the problem and/or never let it happen again. Yet almost every multiplex I’ve been to in Chicago or Minneapolis, I’ve had to complain about the presentation: either too-dark screens (old bulbs), focus issues, 3D ghosting/crosstalk, or sound problems.
Most recently, a small two-screen theater in Minneapolis had focus issues and a too-dark screen when I saw Frozen. I fired off a (polite) complaint to the management, and along with an apology and an explanation that it was improperly cleaned porthole glass that caused the issues — the first I’ve heard of that issue. I also got a couple of passes mailed to me that I’m a little nervous about ever using. (“Sorry our movie presentation sucked; here’s passes so you can see more movies here!” Hmm…)
Anyway. How about you guys? Have you ever complained about something to management at a theater? How did they respond?
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason