Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #808: The Neutral Zone
Sorry I was late with this one! I got it in under the Friday wire (for my time zone, anyway).
This is the first (or second?) of a short hand-drawn arc. As you can probably see, this one is less overtly a “promo” than the first one. They weren’t going to all be about coming to see movies, of course: these are partly just excuses for me to do hand-drawn comics with the Multiplex gang in fun situations.
Anyway. I’m trying to get caught up to the present day, but these hand-drawn strips take a lot of time, y’know.
For the people who haven’t seen Star Trek Into Darkness: rest assured, this does not spoil anything in the movie (except that there is a ship called the Vengeance, I guess, and Benedict Cumberbatch is in it at some point?)… Okay, nothing that wasn’t clear in the trailer, anyway. I wrote most of this arc before I ever saw the movie.
There will not be any spoilers in the rest of the arc, and I would appreciate it if there weren’t any in the comments section, either! Not even with a spoiler warning. Because come on.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie