Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #790: The Future Is Ours, Part Five
Hopefully you know who Sid Grauman is, but if you don’t, he built LA’s Million Dollar Theatre, Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater (recently renamed the TCL Chinese Theatre for stupid reasons) and received an honorary Oscar in 1949 for “raising the standard for film exhibition.” (That was a little more self-congratulatory than most Academy Awards, since he was one of the 36 co-founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as well. Anyway. He was a bigwig in movie theater exhibition. Joke = explained/killed.
An earlier version of that line referred to “Quentin Fucking Tarantino,” but I thought more of you would have heard of Sid Grauman than would know that Tarantino owns the New Beverly Cinema. (Also, it would imply that Tarantino is more involved than he probably is.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason