Notes from the Manager
So the Brandon Routh story here is four years old, but it's one of the things that first drove me nuts about movie news sites and inspired me to make Movie Make-out a (short-lived) reality. The gist: Latino Review “broke” the story that Brandon Routh was out as Superman from whatever the next Superman movie was going to be.
Obviously, that came to pass, but it was bullshit at the time, and circumstances changing after the fact do not, in fact, turn bullshit into gold. The trouble is, the rumor-mongers who cast out about a thousand unsourced (or anonymously sourced) “scoops” without confirming them rely on the perception that if they’re the first one to say something and it actually happens, that makes it retroactively appear to be true. It gives them credibility. It gets them readers. Which gets them ad revenue.
What this same sad, rumor-mongering excuse for a movie news site is saying about Harrison Ford and Episode VII today is that “the deal is done” for him to be in Episode VII. USA Today is parroting it. All the news sites are parroting it. Because it’s linkbait gold. But I’m calling bullshit. Maybe Ford is in talks; I’d be surprised if he wasn’t, if Solo is in Michael Arndt’s already-written outline for the film. But is the deal “done”? I’m not buying it. Not from that website.
UPDATE (2/20): Confirmed false by Mark Hamill: “I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts.”
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason