Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex