Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!