Notes from the Manager
Alternate title (which was too long to use): "As If Millions of Cells Suddenly Cried Out in Terror and Were Suddenly Silenced." I was tempted to do something related to Captain America instead (because it's #616! heh) but decided against it.
As you're reading this, I'm back (or on my way back) to Minneapolis after a long weekend at the Chicago Comic Con. Thanks to everyone who came out to visit me and Tom in Artist's Alley! I'm sure it was an awesome show, but I'm writing this before I've even left for the con, so I don't really know yet.
The next con I'll be attending is the first Webcomics Con in Norwalk, Conn., on October 1–2, so if you're in New England, check that out. Other webcomics superstars (besides me) who will be there include T Campbell (The Guilded Age), Chris Hastings (Dr. McNinja), Scott Christian Sava (Dreamland Chronicles), and Greg Dean (Real Life) — so it should be pretty great.
I'm not sure what the update schedule will be like this week — two, at least. But possibly three, since I have to catch up from the move. Come back on Wednesday or Thursday or both or whatever. Or just keep your eyes peeled on the RSS feed, I guess.
UPDATE: I'm actually back from Chicago now, and it was a terrific show. Thanks again (for real this time) to everyone who came to see me, everyone who just happened to see me, and everyone else. If you're new to Multiplex, I strongly recommend starting from the beginning — or at least from the beginning of Book 5.
Oh, and the movie they're watching, in case you didn't know, is The Change-Up, starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. It's been getting pretty dismal reviews, although audiences seem to be enjoying it more than critics. (Which is pretty normal for that kind of comedy.)
I've got some moving-related headaches to deal with today, but should be back on track with updates now. Thanks again to everybody who provided a guest strip over the last two weeks. I think we've seen the last of them for now; I'll try to get those added to the Guest Strips section of the site as soon as possible. Until then, you can always access them via the calendar in the left sidebar of the site.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)