Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #529: I Never Kid, Part Two
Multiplex will be updating Monday/Wednesday/Friday for the rest of February.
The current TopWebComics incentive is the same as Wednesday, because it was busted all day. You can see a blown-up view of the last panel from #558!
REMINDER: Those of you in the Chicago area brave enough to venture out into the cold, I'll be taking part in The Comic Vault's Winter Con 2 this weekend. I'll be there from 12–2pm on Saturday. Alongside me will be Don Kramer (Wonder Woman); Dave Losso (The Great Sandwich Detective); and Brian J. Crowley (Hamster Rage).
Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is now 15% off when purchased from the Multiplex store ($16.95 for the regular edition; $21.95 for the Artist's Edition). For US people, that basically means shipping is free! FREE. Additionally, I've the Chapter 1 eBook is now FREE (and unlike the WOWIO edition way back when or the online versions, this is the HD Edition). I've lowered the cost of the Chapter eBook set by $2, to match.
See you on Monday!
Support Gordon McAlpin on Patreon!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… although, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!