Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #545: I Know Now What I Must Become
Another surprise update! (That's what RSS feeds and Twitter and Facebook and iPhone apps and shiz like that are all for, y'all.)
There will be two more updates: one hand-drawn, one regular one… and I'm not sure which day they'll go up. So, y'know, check back.
Finalized details for my signing next weekend at Acme Books & Comics in Peoria, Illinois: It will be on Saturday, January 15th from 12pm to 3pm. I'll be signing books and stuff like that. Fun times!
I'll be promoting the book and the strip and the signing on WMDB 1470 on the Greg & Dan Show on Friday the 14th (bright and early at 8:10am, but they put segments up as a podcast, so I'll link it up for youse guys after the fact if you're interested in that noise). I'm not sure how long I'll be on. Probably like five minutes. :1
So: short version of my Green Hornet review (which will be up in the near future at Deleted Scenes): it's funny, it's fun, the action is terrific (but there's not enough of it)… aaaand, unfortunately, most of the best, insane Gondry-esque shots I was hoping for are in the trailer, save for one sequence near the end that's pretty hilariously bizarre. I'd have enjoyed myself more if they had cranked up the crazy.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!