Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #121: Happy Valentine’s Day
Thank you again to Greg Erskine for Wednesday's guest strip.
If, after me plugging it all week still makes you wonder what that big graphic to the right is, please take a few minutes to check out the Kickstarter site and watch the pitch video, and if you're a big fan of Multiplex, please reach for that credit card and make a pledge.
These are not donations! In exchange for your pledge, you'll receive AWESOME! REWARDS! for various pledge levels, including, of course, copies of the print book itself. (Check out the Kickstarter page to see the full list of rewards.)
Thank you so much to those who have gotten me to over
$1200 $1500 since just Sunday afternon, but it's still quite a ways to $7500. Even if you can't afford to pledge right now, you can help out by blogging about the Multiplex: Book 1 Club of Awesome, tweeting about it, Digging it — anything to help get the word out.
ALSO: Don't forget that I will be at the Windy City Comic Con this Saturday (9/19/09), at the Third Coast Comics booth and joining Tony Breed (Finn and Charlie are Hitched), John Campbell (Pictures for Sad Children), Justin Pierce (The Nonadventures of Wonderella) and C. Spike Trotman (Templar, AZ) on the "Webcomics 101" panel at 1pm. I'll have a few T-shirts for sale (no shipping costs!) and I'll be giving away free Multiplex buttons and drawing (free!) sketches, so stop by and see me!
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!