Notes from the Manager
For a little more about Johann Krauss, go here. (The movie version of the character has two S's at the end, for some reason I don't know.)
Anyway, Hellboy 2 was really, really fun!
It's not Pan's Labyrinth or The Devil's Backbone with fight scenes, by any means, but it's very fun. The whole scene with the big plant monster (seen in the trailer) = fantastic. The titular Golden Army = cool as hell. There are several other great bits I'd rather not mention, because you should be surprised by them. It does have a relatively paint-by-numbers plot and a bit too much fantasy "logic," but I still really enjoyed it.
I definitely recommend action movie lovers see it, but don't expect too much more than just some fun action and some really cool creature effects. (By comparison, I thought the first one was just okay.)
There will be two more strips this week — one on Wednesday and another on Friday.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex