Notes from the Manager
Okay, so if you're not at all familiar with the new Bond movie, you might not get that what Jason and Kurt are doing is freerunning through the theater. The first action sequence in Casino Royale is an exhilirating chase between freerunner Sebastien Foucan and Bond (Daniel Craig). Check out the trailers for a few glimpses. For that matter, the whole movie is terrific, if a little tiny bit slow near the end, where the filmmakers needed to shoehorn a semi-believable bit of romance in too little time and came up a bit long. (It was a double-edged sword; I'm just saying.) Anyway. Loved the movie, particularly Daniel Craig's "stone cold killer" take on Bond (to quote my friend Pete), which bodes well for the future of the franchise.
The trailer for Zodiac, which preceded my Bond screening, was also pretty stunning. It looks like it's got a hell of a lot stronger story than David Fincher's last effort, the slick, glorified B-movie Panic Room. I am hyped.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex